Terms & Conditions
You should review the following statement prior to submitting any personal information to this website.
Collection of Personal Information
Depending on the nature of the services provided to you by Sterling, or the services provided to Sterling from third parties, Sterling may receive personal information either from you directly or from such parties. Personal information may be provided by you and processed in the following situations:
- requesting information about products and services;
- entering a contest or promotion;
- ordering newsletter or other informational tools;
- submitting an order
- purchasing, downloading and/or registering products; and/or
- signing up for additional services
- for the purposes of verification of your identity or fraud prevention purposes
In all cases however, we will obtain personal information from you in accordance with applicable law.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided to us will primarily be processed on our computer servers located in the United States of America.
However, such information may be transmitted or made available to (i) employees or servants of Sterling Rope Company, Inc. or third-parties providing services to Sterling or (ii) product manufacturers, licensors and/or or suppliers, located in the United States or another territory abroad. We may use the personal information provided to us for the following:
- to take, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment or notify you of the status of your order;
- in connection with keys, access codes or other information as may be required, to permit you to access sites of third parties providing services to receive products, updates or services;
- to screen your order through a validation system ('Fraud Screening System') to prevent fraudulent orders,
- to provide it to industry and credit related organizations for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support and to communicate with you by email about your website experience in regards to Customer Service and purchasing products from Sterling 's ecommerce platform;
- to monitor service or purchasing patterns; and to improve the content on our websites;
- to use your contact information to send you, with your consent, marketing materials, newsletters, promotional emails, or undertake other promotional activities;
- to enhance your online shopping experience, we may use your information to recognize you and welcome you when you visit this site;
- to permit you to participate in online surveys and polls, assuming you voluntarily agree to provide such information in connection with these surveys and polls; and
- to send important notices, such as communications about product purchases, product recalls, product warranty information, product safety or security information, and changes to other policy documents. (Because this information is important to the products that you purchase on Sterling's ecommerce platform, you will receive these communications even if you have opted out of all other communications.)
We will observe applicable law and take all reasonable steps to ensure any person or entity receiving personal information for the purposes described above, are obligated to protect and keep secure the personal information on your behalf.
Payment & Tax Policies
Sterling Rope Company, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Expresss
- Debit cards with Visa or Mastercard Logos
Credit Card Validation Process
Once an order is submitted, there will be a $1 authorization charge to confirm the credit card is valid. When the order is ready to ship, an invoice is created in our system, at which point we will charge the balance due to your credit card.
Sterling collects applicable sales tax in states where we are required to do so, currently including CA, CO, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, NV, NJ, NC, NY OK, SC, UT, WA, and WI. Not all sales tax is calculated on this website; you will receive a sales order acknowledgement from Sterling Rope within 24 hours that will reflect sales taxes, if any. Tax laws are always in flux, so our policies for various states may change without notice.
Most orders will be shipped within 2-3 business days. Large quantities, or products which aren’t stocked will take longer. You will receive an email confirmation shortly after you place your order. If you are heading out on an adventure or job and need your gear to arrive by a certain day, please call our customer service department at 207-282-2550 or toll free in the US at 1-800-788-ROPE from 8:30AM-5PM EST Monday through Friday and we will do everything we can to process your order accordingly.
All orders ship from our plant in Biddeford, Maine and most will go out via UPS Ground. Freight costs are based on weight and dimensions, and there is a minimum shipping charge of $7.50. A tracking confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in the order as. Please note UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses. Orders may be shipped via the US Postal Service for an additional $15.00 fee.
We do not ship on holidays or weekends. We will notify you of any back orders or delays in shipping.
Changes to Orders
Want to make a change to your order? As long as we haven’t shipped your order, we’re happy to help. Call our customer service department at 1-800-788-ROPE and we’ll make the changes for you.
Shipping Outside the US
We currently ship throughout the US and Canada. We do not offer free shipping to Canada, regardless of order amount. Shipping to Canada is done once a week via a consolidated shipment through Toronto, Ontario. From here, orders are distributed to their final destination. Consequently, Canadian orders may take 1-3 weeks to arrive. Tracking information cannot be activated until the shipment reaches Toronto.
Please note that Pro Deal Purchases are not eligible for free shipping.
Sterling offers a 30-day return policy: Return your unused product, in its original packaging and receive a full refund for the original purchase price of the products. Original delivery fees are refunded only if returns are for defective products, or incorrectly shipped orders. Aside from manufacturer defects, we will not allow returns of open products due to life-safety concerns.
To initiate a return, please contact our customer service department (207-282-2550 or 800-788-ROPE, ext 3110) and have your order number and contact information ready. We will issue you a RMA number that must be placed on the outside of the package. You are responsible for shipping the products back to Sterling in appropriate packaging that will not damage the product. We recommend using a trackable shipping method. Returned products in damaged condition cannot be credited.
Customer Service Contact Information
Phone: 207-282-2550 ext 3110
Product or Application Questions:
Climb (Climbing, Gym, Challenge Courses)
Phone: 207-282-2550 ext 3108
Email: Climbing “at” sterlingrope.com
Work (Rescue, Fire, Industrial, Arbor, Military)
Phone: 207-282-2550 ext 3109
Email: rescue “at” sterlingrope.com