Careers at Sterling Rope
Sterling Rope is a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Biddeford, ME. We focus on designing, creating and selling high quality, technically advanced and superior performing rope products for the life-safety markets, such as climbing, rescue, industry, military and arborist. We are also venturing into designing new hardware as well. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, 401k, bonus, profit sharing, paid holidays and benefit days. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE -
Sterling Rope, an industry leading rope manufacturer, seeks an individual for a position in our sales department. The Customer Service position fills an integral role with our sales team by providing support to our dealers, handling inbound calls, and entering and managing sales orders. This position involves taking and entering sales orders by phone, email, and online channels. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of providing outstanding service, be dependable, and have a positive attitude. If you like working in a team-oriented environment helping to achieve team and company goals, this may be the position for you.
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work on a team
- Detailed with strong administrative and computer skills
- Eagerness to learn product line
- Climbing or professional ropework is a plus
Competitive salary and bonus program, along with paid time off, medical, dental, short and long term disability, 401k, and profit sharing. Excellent fringe benefits for outdoor enthusiasts.
Contact: Sam Morton, Director of Sales, email@example.com
MARKETING COORDINATOR -
Description: Marketing Coordinator
This role supports all aspects of the Marketing Department of Sterling Rope, including product management, brand management, sponsorship, and creative services. This role reports directly to the Marketing Director, but will assist the entire team in helping organize meetings, collateral materials, presentations and campaigns. Prioritizing and taking initiative to coordinate the team to ensure on time completion of tasks is critical, as well as following-up on outstanding action items.
Marketing Coordinator Job Duties:
- Coordinate events and trade shows by developing schedules, arranging travel and lodging, assigning tasks, developing planograms (POG) and organizing resources within budget; conduct post-event analysis
- Assist at national trade show events: packing, shipping, on-site support if applicable (some travel may be required)
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- Assist in development and execution of quarterly promotions
- Manage day to day contact with sponsored athletes
- Manage requests from the field (i.e. marketing materials, digital file requests, video requests, etc.)
- Responsible for global project calendar across key digital marketing areas including Video, Social Media, Editorial, Integrated Marketing, Mobile, and tracking and reporting milestones/progress back to the team
- Write and publish content through various social media outlets
- Catalogue and inventory marketing storage room
- Conduct regular direct mail campaigns
- Assist as needed in preparation for video and photo shoots (on-site and off-site)
- Assist with catalog executions and presentations as needed
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Skills/Qualifications: Direct Marketing, Coordination, Project Management, Understanding the Customer, Process Improvement, Initiative, Planning.
Education and Training:
This position requires 1-3 years of project management experience within marketing. BA/BS in Marketing or related field is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in MS Office is required.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage internal and external resources within a team atmosphere
- Very detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
- Strong technical background; familiar with a variety of publishing tools/platforms
- Remain aware of emerging digital and social trends and how they can improve/impact core product lines
- Must be able and willing to take initiative and to problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position
Product Development Engineer -
The position of Product Development Engineer will work with the R&D team to develop new products and enhance existing products in the life safety, rope access market. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform full lifecycle product development activities including: design, prototype, test and implement for manufacturing.
- Design and analysis of twisted and braided fiber structures.
- Design and analysis of hardware components related to life safety rope applications.
- Perform both standardized and non-standardized testing of products and materials for development purposes.
- Maintain detailed project documentation and present results to team members in R&D, Sales and marketing.
- Develop process improvements for both new and existing products.
- Develop and write user instructions for products.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Technical understanding of mechanics of materials and materials science.
- Technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with CAD software. Solid Works preferred.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment.
- Fiber science background or experience in synthetic fiber materials such as Technora, Dynema, polyester & Nylon.
- Experience with ISO9001 certification.
Occasional travel required, and may include travel outside the US.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment for this position requires time spent in the office, manufacturing facility, test laboratory, and occasional outdoor activities. Moderate noise and lifting of 50lb can be expected.
Interested in a position that isn't posted? We are always accepting applications, simply click the link below to email our HR department.
Email Your Resume