Careers at Sterling Rope
Sterling Rope is a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Biddeford, ME. We focus on designing, creating and selling high quality, technically advanced and superior performing rope products for the life-safety markets, such as climbing, rescue, industry, military and arborist. We are also venturing into designing new hardware as well. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, 401k, bonus, profit sharing, paid holidays and benefit days. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. This position will be involved in overseeing the accounting department, finance operations, human resources, as well as supporting Senior Management in making business decisions based on financial data.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and human resources and supervise a team of two staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. The Controller will ensure that Sterling Rope has the systems and procedures in place to support effective decision making and will work closely with other managers and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding HR, finance and accounting procedures but also to ensure that the those functions supports operations.
In addition, as part of the senior management team, s/he will partner with the CFO, senior leadership and information technology (IT) to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
Controller Job Duties:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for proper cost accounting and inventory management for all manufacturing operations.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity including an internal ISO audit
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist Sterling Rope's Senior Managers in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Perform company HR duties which include; new employee hiring, payroll and benefit administration such as health insurance and 401(k) plans, administering and managing annual review process, workman's comp claims, employee concerns and issues and any administrative work as necessary
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and support training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Sterling Rope's mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the
responsibility for finance.
- Technology savvy with experience with managing and utilizing ERP software systems, such as MAS, Dynamics or SyteLine
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management or other outside partners.
Education and Training:
Minimum of a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; five years relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Interested in a position that isn't posted? We are always accepting applications, simply click the link below to email our HR department.
Email Your Resume