You should review the following statement prior to submitting any personal information to this website.
Collection of Personal Information
Depending on the nature of the services provided to you by Sterling, or the services provided to Sterling from third parties, Sterling may receive personal information either from you directly or from such parties. Personal information may be provided by you and processed in the following situations:
- requesting information about products and services;
- entering a contest or promotion;
- ordering newsletter or other informational tools;
- submitting an order
- purchasing, downloading and/or registering products; and/or
- signing up for additional services
- for the purposes of verification of your identity or fraud prevention purposes
In all cases however, we will obtain personal information from you in accordance with applicable law.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided to us will primarily be processed on our computer servers located in the United States of America.
However, such information may be transmitted or made available to (i) employees or servants of Sterling Rope Company, Inc. or third-parties providing services to Sterling or (ii) product manufacturers, licensors and/or or suppliers, located in the United States or another territory abroad. We may use the personal information provided to us for the following:
- to take, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment or notify you of the status of your order;
- in connection with keys, access codes or other information as may be required, to permit you to access sites of third parties providing services to receive products, updates or services;
- to screen your order through a validation system ('Fraud Screening System') to prevent fraudulent orders,
- to provide it to industry and credit related organizations for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support and to communicate with you by email about your website experience in regards to Customer Service and purchasing products from Sterling 's ecommerce platform;
- to monitor service or purchasing patterns; and to improve the content on our websites;
- to use your contact information to send you, with your consent, marketing materials, newsletters, promotional emails, or undertake other promotional activities;
- to enhance your online shopping experience, we may use your information to recognize you and welcome you when you visit this site;
- to permit you to participate in online surveys and polls, assuming you voluntarily agree to provide such information in connection with these surveys and polls; and
- to send important notices, such as communications about product purchases, product recalls, product warranty information, product safety or security information, and changes to other policy documents. (Because this information is important to the products that you purchase on Sterling's ecommerce platform, you will receive these communications even if you have opted out of all other communications.)
We will observe applicable law and take all reasonable steps to ensure any person or entity receiving personal information for the purposes described above, are obligated to protect and keep secure the personal information on your behalf.